Works in all media that successfully address the exhibition’s central theme will be considered for this exhibition, including video works, no longer than 5 minutes in duration. You may submit any combination of images or video links, up to a total of six. Please submit high quality digital documentation of any non-photographic work.
For inquiries regarding performance pieces and site specific installations to be performed/installed during the conference, please contact the exhibition organizers at email@example.com
For more information about payment, please refer to the About the Exhibition page.
- Images must be sized at 1280 pixels on the longest edge (avoid making images smaller than 1280).
- Image resolution is 72 pixels per inch to match native screen resolution. For the selection process, images will be viewed on a monitor.
- Save images as a .jpg using the highest quality that keeps the file size under 2mb.
- All files must be titled with last name and first name of the artist, plus the image number, (e.g. Smith_Jane_1.jpg or Doe_John_1.jpg.).
- Image color profile must be sRGB or Grayscale.
- Video submissions must be provided via a working link to view online (e.g. vimeo.com/marysmith/video_title)
- Provide a numbered list of all images and include the artist’s name, title of work, medium, date of work and dimensions for each as a Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Also include a short (150 word) artist statement and website link if available, in Word document format (.doc and .docx). If accepted, this information will be printed in the exhibition booklet.
All work to be submitted via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high number of submissions, only successful entrants will be notified with further instructions for submission of high quality digital files and artist books.
Each artist retains all copyrights to their own images. Each artist is fully and solely responsible for the content of their images, including the reproduction of the likeness of recognizable individuals. Artist’s recognition is provided with any use. By submission for jurying, artists whose submissions are chosen for the Co-existence exhibition grant Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) and the Living with Animals/Seeing with Animals (LwA/SwA) Conference/Exhibition organizers the right to use their images for the purpose of inclusion in the exhibition and in the exhibition booklet (digital, print and on-line versions), promoting the artist, promoting EKU and their programs, promoting LwA/SwA’s current and future conferences and exhibitions, and subsequent display on EKU’s website and on the LwA/SwA websites for current and past exhibitions. Promotions and images may also be placed on social networks for EKU and LwA/SwA Conferences/Exhibitions with artist credit. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation from EKU or LwA/SwA Conference/Exhibition organizers.